The college was founded in 1919. In London it was located in the Kensington district until 1972. The building now houses the Richmond University campus.
On 17th October 1970 Queen concert with Barry Mitchell on bass guitar took place in the college hall. The concert is memorable because the future bass player Queen John Deacon was in the audience. Apparently Deacon was not delighted with the concert.n>
The building was inhabited by Victorian painter Richard Ansdell – which includes a blue plaque on the wall.
photos by daga 2015
- address 1 St. Albans Grove, Kensington, Londyn W8 5PN
- GPS 51.4994745 N 0.187072 W
- access tube station Gloucester Road