For the first time Brian May and Roger Taylor visited Poalnd on 19-20th March 1996. The first visit was associated with the receipt of Fryderka for the Best Foreign Album for Queen’s album Made In Heaven. Originally, the award was to be collected by Roger himself, but Brian also found a moment of time and in the company of Jim Beach and Roger’s assistant Martin Groves appeared in Warsaw. The award ceremony took place at the Polish Theater, and the band received a platinum album for Made In Heaven. Our guests lived in a five-star Bristol hotel recognized as one of the most elegant hotels in Poland and in the world. They were moving around the capital in an eight-meter Cadillac limousine. They visited the Old Town, Royal Bath Park and the city center.
- address: ul. Karasia 2, Warsaw
- GPS: 52.238505 N 21.019923 E
- access: bus stop Uniwersytet, metro Nowy Świat
- address: ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 42/44, Warsaw
- GPS: 52.242321 N 21.016379 E
- access: bus stop Hotel Bristol, metro Nowy Świat
Photo sessions were held in the Royal Bath Park and in the Old Town (next to the Royal Castle).